Saturday, September 17, 2011

A year's difference.

Just a year ago my facebook status read:
 "Dear God, make me a bird, so I can fly far, far, far away from here.
Dear God, make me a bird, so I can fly far, far far away from here.
Dear God, make me a bird, so I can fly far, far away from here."


In a sense, that seems like just yesterday. But yet again, a lifetime ago.

The moment I wrote that, I was feeling:
Trapped. Betrayed. Scared. Alone. Hurt. Confused.

Little did I realize, God had given me wings to fly away a long time before I even wanted to.
The wings God gave me consisted of:
Faith. Hope. Courage. Strength. Wisdom.

It was up to me to use my "wings" and take myself to where I needed to be.
And after I used them I gained:
Relief. Peace. Joy

Don't wait for your circumstances to change. Take action to change them yourself.
Don't sit around forever wishing you were somewhere else in life.
Go there!

Seek what plans God has in store for you.
They are far better than what you could ever imagine.

Just realize, God isn't always going to stick you right where he wants you.
God opens doors, it is our job to walk through them!
Or, in my case... God made wings and it was my job to flap them. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment